E3 2011: Nintendo Press Conference Highlights!
Nintendo’s Press Conference has just ended and left me totally confused. Yes, they revealed their new console called Wii U but as the Press Conference ended i was left scratching my head. They went into detail on what the Wii U controller can do and It’s pretty impressive but ended there. We don’t know anything else on about the console’s specs and how strong it really is. What we do know is Nintendo is going hardcore with the announcement of third-party support for the Wii U. Check the highlights now!
– Zelda 25th Anniversary announcing many info about Zelda games for this year.
– Mario Kart for the Nintendo 3DS was revealed with a gameplay trailer featuring water and air races.
– Star fox 64 3D shown and is out on Sept this year.
– Super Mario 3D announced. Gameplay trailer shown and is coming at the end of this year.
– Kid Icarus: Uprising shown with a gameplay trailer featuring 3on 3 multiplayer. Kid Icarus will be out later this year.
– Luigi’s Mansion 2 announced for 3DS. Gameplay trailer shown. They mentioned that the 3DS version will provide extra mansions.
– A video was shown revealing new third-party games coming to the 3DS.
– Nintendo eShop will have 3D classics. One game announced in 3D classics is excitebike.
– Nintendo eshop will also have Pokedex 3D.
– Nintendo’s new console Project Cafe is named Wii U.
– Wii U controller revealed and a trailer was shown showcasing its features. Wii U coming 2012.
– During the video showing the Wii U controller, a Zelda game on the new system was teased.
– Smash bros. announced for Wii U and 3DS.
– Lego City Stories announced for Wii U and also for the 3DS.
– 3rd party games announced for Wii U – Arkham City, Darksiders 2, Dirts, Aliens, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Online, Metro: Last Light, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden 3.
– Wii U will have significant third-party support.
Nintendo’s Press Conference was short but sweet. Wii took a back seat this time and it was all about the 3DS and the new console, the Wii U. Now the 3DS news are pretty cool but the big announcement is the name of the new console and it’s controller. The name, Wii U was a shocker. I don’t like the name since they retained the Wii’s name into the new console. Whatever their reason, i was expecting a new console with a new identity. The console was never revealed and i have no idea why. The look is obviously not final and they never went into detail about the console but with third-party titles like Arkham City or Ninja Gaiden 3 heading to Wii U shows that it’s definitely a strong system.
They want you to wrap your head on the possibilities of what the controller can provide for third-party game developers. What developers can do with those features is yet to be seen. The Wii U is still coming next year but i feel that Nintendo should have given at least an additional 30 minutes to further explain the power of the system and what to look forward to on the Wii U. I watched the stream excited for the new console reveal and left with more questions. What do you guys think about Nintendo’s Press Conference?
Here’s a link to the Press Conference to watch it yourself –http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/