E3 2011: Microsoft Press Conference Highlights!
Well Microsoft’s Press Conference is over and it was actually what i expect, all about Kinect. Not that many announcements for hardcore games which is sad since that’s something i think they need. Microsoft introduced Kinect last year, now their going all out and making everything Kinect ready. Check out the highlights from the Press Conference now.
– Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 first gameplay demo revealed.
– First look at Tomb Raider gameplay demo
– EA Sports’ future games for Tiger Woods, Madden and FIFA will all be Kinect supported.
– Mass Effect 3 first gameplay footage revealed showcasing Voice Recognition implemented in gameplay. During Conversations, you can say the choice given in the conversation wheel to pick your reply. Voice Recognition can also be used in combat, you can move your squad members and use squad abilities with your voice.
– Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier reveal and also Kinect supported. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier new trailer also revealed. You can fully customize your weapons by using Kinect. Voice Recognition is also supported to help you customize your weapon.
– Xbox Live can be controlled by Voice Recognition.
– Millions of Movies, Music and Games gathered in Xbox Live.
– YouTube is heading to Xbox Live
– Bing heading to Xbox Live. Bling gives you an easier way to navigate Xbox Live with the help of Voice Recognition. “You Say it, Xbox Finds it”.
– UFC Xbox Live Revealed
– Gears of War 3 Campaign new gameplay demo
– Crytek’s new game called Ryse. Another Kinect game similar to Kinect Star Wars.
– Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary announced. A remastered version of the famous Halo game with updated Xbox Live support.
–Forza Motorsport 4 in-game graphics revealed. No actually gameplay demo, and it will also have Kinect Support. Game will be released on Oct. 11, 2011
– Fable: The Journey revealed. A new Fable game that uses Kinect. players can create damaging spells with specific hand gestures.
– Kinect Disneyland Adventures revealed. Very similar to Kinect Adventures. Coming out this holiday.
– Kinect Star Wars demo revealed.
– Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster Kinect game revealed. Casual game for kids. Coming out Fall of this year.
– Kinect Fun Labs, New addition in Xbox Live dashboard. Can create your very own Avatar by scanning your face and clothes that will be translated to your Xbox 360. Kinect Fingertracking feature was also introduced that enables you to create your own 3D image using Kinect. You can also scan objects and will be translated in exact detail to the Xbox. Kinect Fun Labs will be free for all Xbox users with Kinect and goes Live today.
– Kinect Sports: Season 2 Revealed. Football Kinect will also have voice recognition. Kinect Sports: Season 2 is coming this Holiday season.
–Dance Central 2 revealed. Live game demo was shown. The sequel will have it’s very own Campaign mode and all Dance Central 1 Songs can be imported into Dance Central 2.
– Halo 4 announced and small trailer was shown. They reveal it being a new trilogy so Halo 5 and 6 will also happen. Halo 4 is coming Holiday 2012.
Well that’s the Press Conference from start to finish. I honestly have to say this is the weakest Microsoft Press conference I’ve seen. It was all for the casual gamers. Microsoft was all about Kinect making everything from Xbox live to hardcore games having Kinect support. This Press Conference was like Nintendo’s Press Conference a few year back when they were introducing wii sports, Wii Fit, etc, all aiming at the casual market. Problem is, i was expecting new exclusive games for the Xbox 360 and was only introduced with familiar games such as Gears 3, Fable, Mass Effect 3, Modern Warefare 3 and Halo 4. Everything else was Kinect games. it’s good to give Kinect more exposure and games but they needed a fresh exclusive lineup.
Ending the conference by revealing Halo 4 with a trailer surprised me. Not because it’s Halo 4, but the fact that it will be a trilogy. When they announced a new trilogy, i was hyped and thought “new game, sweet!” but was actually halo with 5 6 sure to be made. It’s a great franchise but when will it end??
The best ones coming out of this Press Conference for me has to be the application of Voice Recognition(especially Mass Effect 3) and the Tomb Raider Live Demo. Microsoft done, what did you guys think?
Here’s a link to the Press Conference to watch it yourself – http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/