PSN Restoration has begun
Sony has just announced that restoration of the Playstation Network has begun, they have released a system update for us to download which pretty much allows you to change your password. This is the first phase and they will be going country by country beginning with the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. Sadly, japan and the rest of asia is not included in the first phase of restoration and will be announced soon.
Whats the first phase in restoration? the first phase includes:
- Sign-in for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords
- Restoration of online game-play across PS3 and PSP
- Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC
- Access to 3rd party services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.tv
- ‘Friends’ category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc
- PlayStation Home”
They will be announcing what will be inside their Welcome Back package in a few days. Take note though, they mention that it will be different for each region. With the number of days it took Sony to get things working again, i don’t think their welcome back package will be enough but it’s better than nothing i guess.
It’s slowly coming back so people who hasn’t thrown their PS3 out the window, start downloading the new system update now. I have the system update installed but so far it still says it’s under maintenance. I guess the first phase is still underway so we’ll have to wait just a little bit longer to get some online action. Will update this post for any new development.
Has any of you accessed PSN after the system update?