Sony gives compensation with free 1 month PSN+ for all users
This week must be Sony’s worst week in their history, and they know that.They also know all of you are frustrated and you probably hate them right now, so their trying to win you back with a free 1 month PSN+ subscription to all users. The Playstation blog was updated with this information but I wonder if this is enough?
They are calling it the “Welcome Back” program. it’s the company’s way of appreciating your patience, support and continued loyalty. I’m sure some of you jumped shipped since personal information including credit card info was taken and it’s understandable. I’m still wondering if this is enough to win our ‘trust’ back.
Central components of the “Welcome Back” program will include:
- Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
- All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.
The content provided will be announce soon for each region so we’ll see if it’s actually worth it. But there’s one feature that I’ll abuse right away when this program goes live and that’s the cloud save feature making you back up all your game saves into the psn. I just hope the hackers won’t hack through that too.
Sony also mentioned that Some Playstation Network and Qriocity Services will be available this week. They have improved their security and will slowly turn on features of the PSN.
SNEI and its third-party experts have conducted extensive tests to verify the security strength of the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. With these measures in place, SCE and SNEI plan to start a phased rollout by region of the services shortly. The initial phase of the rollout will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
-This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
- Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
- Access to account management and password reset
- Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- Friends List
- Chat Functionality
Check the Playstationblog now for the full press release from Sony.